Is it just me or is just about everyone getting sick lately? Maybe it is the up and down in the temps lately or the stress of being back to work after the holidays, but I feel like I’m avoiding being sneezed on every step I take! In our 2nd grade hallway at school, it seems like all of the students are catching the stomach bug. I’m taking just about every precaution to make sure I don’t catch it too!
Being a 2nd grade teacher has its perks at times, but hanging out with kids who have the stomach bug, pink eye, and who knows what else, is not one of them. That’s why I opted for a mid day grapefruit smoothie to counteract that Saturday cold I feel coming on!
I love the taste of grapefruit, but I’m not a big fan of eating it plain. It never fills me up and is always too bitter. When mixed with bananas and strawberries, the taste is like 100 times better, and fills me up too! I just drank this smoothie up and am already craving another.
I keep on reading how good grapefruit is for you, how it makes your skin clearer, is good for your blood pressure, and is even helpful in preventing diseases. Who knew! I’ll take a little help wherever I can get it! I bought a big bag of grapefruit from Aldi, seen in my post here, and am now trying to find ways to fit it into some meals!
Some other Grapefruit Benefits
- Grapefruit promotes regularity for healthy digestion
- Has lots of electrolytes that keep you hydrated
- Full of antioxidants that combat cancer
- Has flavonoids that lower the risk of stroke
- Some people claim that it helps with weight loss
So why not add a little grapefruit to your diet!
How to make it
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 grapefruit peeled
- 1 cup water
- Peel banana and grapefruit and toss into blender.
- Add frozen strawberries and pour in 1 cup water.
- Blend, pour into glasses, and serve!
Let me know how you like it in the comments below!